Monday, December 30, 2013

The Traveling Ombudsman's Go Bag


When you work long hours and travel often, what goes in your bag? For reader Henrik Sverin, a lot to keep him busy and regularly prepared. I do most of my work as a workers safety and health ombudsman/inspector which means long hours, frequent travel by train or bus (up to 4-5 hours at a time), long meetings in various parts of the country (my employer is nationwide with offices in five-six cities which I regularly visit) so my bag is usually pretty well stocked. Lots of my work involves taking notes, documenting meetings with management, systematically and collaboratively working out safety procedures and routines etc. Basically it means handling lots of text information, internal documents, presentation material and keeping a vast trove of information neatly and safely organized for later reference. The bag: I like most Be.ez bags because of their colorful interiors, good quality and because they often provide an ample amount of internal compartments inside a simple, plain, office friendly design. The largest variant of the Be.ez LE Reporter family (for 13-15" MacBook Pros) is no different in my opinion. It may be a tad on the bulky side compared to some other shoulder carried messenger bags but on the upside it offers generous space, ample padding for a laptop and a colorful (in my case lagoon blue) interior so it's easy to spot what's hidden in the deep recesses of it. There is also a multitude of different internal compartments and it's covered in a rugged waterproofed canvas on the outside. Since my old Be.ez LE Vertigo bag was getting a bit cramped I really did want something larger and roomier this time around and I figured the extra bulk was a well warranted trade off. Curious about what's inside? We've annotated the image above and you can find the details below. If you have a great go bag with a useful organization scheme and great features, let us know! You can share your bag by posting it to your personal Kinja blog using the tag featured bag or adding it to our Lifehacker Go Bag Show and Tell Flickr pool. Photos must be at least at least 640x360. Please include information about your bag, what you put in it, and any relevant details about how you made it awesome. If yours catches our eye, we might just feature it!

No comments:

Post a Comment